Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hope?

My husband spoke with someone at a different methadone clinic in town today, and it seems like they might be willing to work with him while his Medicaid application is in process. I'm not sure what they will do, but it's a state-run facility instead of a for-profit one like he's going to now, so maybe they will be gentler with the fees.

I'm feeling hopeful that they will be able to help him out. He's feeling pretty hopeless.

His mother dropped by the house today. She thought he'd be getting some take-home bottles of methadone, and she wanted him to give her one. He's lost his take-home privileges because of his hospital stay, so he's off his regular schedule.

It makes me so, so angry. He doesn't have any extra methadone. He's facing a real crisis about his ability to access his medicine, and she thinks she needs some of it? Because she wants to get high? So he should be sick?

Fucking addicts.

I have a lot of things brewing, but I don't know what to say about them all. I'm overwhelmed, but I'm grateful that there's at least a crack in a window for my husband.