Monday, March 17, 2008

Be Still.

"Be still, and know that I am god. I shall be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."
-Psalms 46:10

I love it when I find these little tastes of the god of my understanding in the Bible. I need to make time to meditate. I hate it when I'm too lazy or busy to take proper care of myself. I hate it when I don't know if I'm too lazy or busy...you'd think those two wouldn't overlap so strangely.

I had trouble sleeping last night. I had trouble being still. My mind goes, and goes, and goes, and I seem to be lacking skills in turning it off...and no wonder I don't have skills in turning it off. I don't practice.

My goal for myself is to try to find 20 minutes twice a week, at least, to sit in stillness, to lose my focus, and to find that soft place inside myself that is most precious and true...to be still and know.