Monday, March 17, 2008

Amendment To My Constitution.

Part of Step 9 for me has been making amends to myself. I wrote a letter to me, and I'm putting it up here to finish it:

Dear Me,

I want to make amends with you for my reckless behavior. I have been thoughtless, careless, and lacked concern for your safety and well being. I have neglected your needs, putting the needs of anyone and everyone else in my life before yours.

I was hurting for many years, and instead of dealing with that hurt I acted out against your best interests in my misguided attempts to process my pain. I put you in dangerous, complicated situations, did destructive things to your body, and ignored your need to feed your spirit.

I sincerely want to change my behavior towards you from now on. I want to take better care of you in the future. I want to nurture you, help you to grow and thrive. You are my best thing, and I hope to keep that idea in the forefront of my mind for the rest of my life.

Love, love, love,

Me.