Sunday, June 10, 2007

What's your blogging metaphor?


Group writing projects are fun, especially for the sick and uninspired. I found another juicy one at Successful Blog, asking us to develop a metaphor to explain what blogging is like for us. I like blogging, and I like metaphors, so here goes!


For me, blogging is group therapy. I spill my guts to a group of strangers, and I get comments back. No one is an expert, but I get all this growth and wisdom and support from these people who don't know me. It's quite like the catharsis of a good Nar-Anon meeting.


It's also a stage replete with speculum, scalpel, and other surgical, poetical tools for a promiscuous confessional tragic poetess...


It's the best thing I've ever done in my life.

Here's a list of other folks' responses:

1 comment:

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi!
A friend who read my blog for a while said, "That's the best form of self-therapy I've ever seen."

Blogging must be making me sane. Go figure. :)
Liz