Group writing projects are fun, especially for the sick and uninspired. I found another juicy one at Successful Blog, asking us to develop a metaphor to explain what blogging is like for us. I like blogging, and I like metaphors, so here goes!
For me, blogging is group therapy. I spill my guts to a group of strangers, and I get comments back. No one is an expert, but I get all this growth and wisdom and support from these people who don't know me. It's quite like the catharsis of a good Nar-Anon meeting.
It's also a stage replete with speculum, scalpel, and other surgical, poetical tools for a promiscuous confessional tragic poetess...
It's the best thing I've ever done in my life.
Here's a list of other folks' responses:
- Really? Why? What’s a blog? at Art Dinkin’s Moment on Money
- 10 Basic Tips for Starting a Blog Using Gardening as Metaphorat Circular Communication
- Behold, A Blogging Sower Went Forth To Sow Links at The Frugal Law Student
- For Whom the Blog Tolls at Idea Dude
- All the Blog’s a Stageat Just Thinkin’
- Blogging Metaphor: Blogging Is a Large City with Hundreds of Small Neighborhoodsat A Writer’s Word, An Editor’s Eye
- What’s your blogging metaphor?
at The Junky’s Wife
- Blogging is a Tapestry at Grow Your Writing Business
- Blogging Metaphors at The Gift Idea Help Blog
- 7 Ways That Blogging is Like Opera at Randa Clay Design
- Blogging Metaphor: Blogging Is Like Catching Dreams and Setting Them Free at Online Public Relations
- Blogging Metaphor at Better Business Blogging
- I’m Baking a Blogging Cake … at Writing Thoughts
- Why Blogging is Like Fishing at Freelancing Journey