I am so glad I'm not a PR person. I just spent the last hour reading emails from PR people hitting me up to review the crappy bands they represent. I uniformly replied, "No thank you," and felt guilty.
Then, I had to interview a porn star. Tracking these guys down is always a dreadful experience, and then once you get them, you have to hope that they're not too strung out on cum and cocaine to make any sense. Surprisingly, though, today's porn star interview went rather well...the lady in question responded promptly and professionally.
I love my job. I was fucking around with the husband this morning, and so I was late. I mosey in to work around noon, and I'll stay a little late tonight to make up the hours. The pay is lousy, but nothing beats coming to work at noon, interviewing a few porn stars, writing all day, and then going home. I'm lucky.
I think it's time for a new gratitude list:
- I'm glad for my job...I'm glad to have a paycheck that's regular, if meager, and I'm glad to get paid to do something I love. I'm glad for the flexibility, the companionship of my kick-ass coworkers, for the openness and acceptance I've found there.
- I'm glad that things are getting better, gradually, with my husband.
- I'm grateful for my doggies and their wonderful bellies that need lots of scratching.
- I'm glad for meetings, especially for the Thursday night ones. I'm considering going to one tonight...I kind of feel like I could use a tune-up, but the Tuesday nights are never quite as good as Thursday.
- I'm grateful for the mother-in-law and her willingness to listen to me complain about her crazy-ass son.
- I'm so lucky to have wonderful girlfriends who will listen to me complain on the telephone. I'd die without it. Shrivel right up.
- I'm grateful for my beautiful niece.
- I'm grateful for all my new electronic friends .
- I've really enjoyed learning new stuff through keeping the blog...not just like inner-understanding or relationship stuff, but like neat things with html code or how internet marketing works or how to manipulate technorati...all that stuff is neat. I'm learning to be a real computer geek, and I've always wanted to learn to do something useful.
- I love my family, the whole crazy-ass bunch of them. At least they don't stab me.