Saturday, January 10, 2009

To Wives.

"When resentful thoughts come, try to pause and count your blessings. After all, your family is reunited, alcohol is no longer a problem, and you and your husband are working together toward an undreamed-of future."
-The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous

That's what I needed to hear. Someone on one of my latest Second Road post asked me if I'd read the chapters of the Big Book about the family, and so I got the book to read the chapters "To Wives" and "The Family Afterward."

There's a bit we read at the end of our Nar-Anon meetings that came from the "Wives" chapter, and it's one of my favorites. It brought tears to my eyes to see it here: "We want to leave you with the feeling that no situation is too difficult and no unhappiness too great to be overcome."