Monday, July 28, 2008

Detox Day 1

It's not been so bad. I had friends over to help me with a house project, and then we went to dinner together. He feels pretty gnarly now, but it took the whole day before he knew he felt bad.

He's coming of 105 milligrams of methadone, cold turkey, for those of you who are in the know about methadone and would liked to be shocked by how nuts this decision he's made is.

I'm kind of observing...this is a decision. He has a relative who will pay, but he's chosen to detox. He says he realized the only reason he hasn't done it before is because it's hard, and he wants to be clean. He wants his mind back, and he wants to feel like himself.

I hope it works out like that for him. I want himself, too. I'm afraid that it's going to be unbearable, he won't be able to do it, and he'll be disappointed. I'm afraid it will be unbearable for me, and I'll make him leave me. I'm trying not to think about it.

It should be an interesting week. I'd expect the projectiles to be flying by Wednesday. Stay tuned!