Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Sponsor Is Magic.

I'm not just saying it because she might read this. She really is magic. And while I'm sure she's endowed with the magical hoohah that makes all codependents magic, she is also magic in that her voice can soothe a raging junky's wife.

She just kind of laughs, and says, "I'm sure he's not in jail. I'll come get you if he is. You're supposed to be doing whatever you'd be doing anyway."

BUT WHAT I'D BE DOING IS SITTING ON THE COUCH WITH MY HEAD IN HIS LAP!

(sob, sob)

"Well, I used to clean the house when I was worrying about things. Is there something you can do to keep you mind occupied until he gets back?"

She has magical voice super powers. I hope that through working the steps, one day I will also acquire this power. So far, however, my kung fu is not very strong in this area.

He wasn't gone for long, but he doesn't have a phone anymore, and I know he's feeling pretty desperate about money. I'd imagined him in jail, or dead, or on the ground with cops pointing guns at him. I didn't like that one bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The right sponsor is such a magical, magical thing, isn't it? Glad you found the right one.
And tell G I said to fucking stop doing this kind of shit!