Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Peopleized Interview with the Baroness Of Long Vowels.

So Peopleized is still cool, and if you're not on it yet, you're still a dork. Apparently, I'm the only person in the world who thinks it's super-fun to interview people. But it's super-fun to interview people, and it's a way to find fun websites and make people talk to you and pay attention to you. So I have recently invited about a zillion people to be my Peopleized friends, and I finally convinced Mahog from Long Vowels to sign up. Here's our interview! It rocks!

thejunkyswife: So tell us about your blog.

mahog: My blog is about everything but nothing. I write about me, my relationships with my boyfriend and friends, family issues, my poetry, my former life as a urban fashion maven, grad school and poverty...

It's really all over the place but I try to hold them together.


thejunkyswife: How did you get so sexy?

mahog: I used to think sexy was created but I know thing you a just born with it, but you know that, you got it baby..


thejunkyswife: What makes Beyonce so sexy?

mahog: She's like a fluffy kitten wearing a blind fold.
It's her transformation from dead sexy to deer caught in head lights.
The lights hit her eyes and the get big and moist like an anime character and you can help but stare. Then they start spin and swirl and you get get sucked in. before you know it you're sprung and you don't care who seees.

And she comes off as so earnest and genuine, not jaded like those other chicks.

And she listens to her momma. That hot.
Respect for your elders is hot!


thejunkyswife: How would you define a total eclipse of the heart?

mahog: Essentially the song reads almost like a list of offenses/symptoms. The guilty or afflicted have either done some of the charges in the song or are going through theses symptoms. I would say a total eclipse of the heart is what you are currently going through with your husband and what I go through with mine.

It's when you've done everything you can do everything you thought would never do and you reach a place where you think it’s the bottom but then you realize there is still another level of hell you can go to- then you go there. Tyler states, “there’s nothing any better and there’s nothing (she) I just wouldn’t do.” All of this because of the hope that something can change and something can happen.
The image of his love being like a shadow on her all of the time, is two fold, in a way it’s always there, but it also oppresses her but forever is going to start tonight.

I'm guilty of: getting a little bit restless and I dreaming of something wild,
getting a little bit lonely and you’re never coming round
getting a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
getting a little bit terrified but then I see the look in his eyes

And you are guilty of: knowing there’s no one in the universe as magical and wondrous as him
getting a little bit angry and I know I’ve got to get out and cry
getting a little bit lonely and he was never coming round
getting a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
getting a little bit terrified but then I see the look in his eyes

Strangely enough, I think it’s similar to Beyonce’s Crazy in love video with Jay-Z.
If you listen to the words her love for him has driven her to madness and she too becomes guilty of feeling like “there’s nothing any better and there’s nothing I just wouldn’t do.”
And what does he do, he blows her up in a car.

You just ruined my life with this question.


thejunkyswife: What the hell is wrong with our men?

mahog: They are cute, got pretty eyes and were raised to be ladies of leisure.


thejunkyswife: How come our men look kind of alike?

mahog: Because we have good taste.


thejunkyswife: How come our men kind of look alike and act alike and yet they are so very different?

mahog: It's because of the parts of the country they were raised in.


thejunkyswife: What makes Anselm Berrigan so sexy?

mahog: I love Boss man's aloofness and how easy he is to talk to. You think he'd be a jerk but he's so cool. And he looks like a little boy.


thejunkyswife: What makes Lewis Warsh so sexy?

mahog: He's awesome cause he can play both mean and nice daddy.
And sometimes you need a mean daddy...


thejunkyswife: What makes our men so sexy?

mahog: Their boyish bodies. They always seem to busy being creative to do stuff like get jobs or pay bills.
They look good on our arms. candy.


thejunkyswife: When are we going to get married?

mahog: When our men die, which can be any day the way they're acting.

1 comment:

One Wacky Mom said...

You are so freaking cool!