Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Sometimes The World Is So Beautiful It Hurts Just To Feel

We spent the whole evening in bed last night...we had that wonderful, sweaty, early summer afternoon that is so necessary to keep a marriage living, and then just kind of sat around, looking at things on the internet, talking, playing with the dogs, eating, laughing. It was so beautiful. He is so beautiful.

Things can be so good sometimes, and there can be so much sweetness between us. It's hard, it's so goddamned hard, but I love this man, and he loves me. We can make each other so content.

When I woke up this morning, I let the dogs out to wrestle and chase each other and went and got back in bed with him for a few minutes. Nothing is so good as the warmth I feel in his arms, in bed. I could die there, and it would be enough.

No comments: