Monday, April 16, 2007

Big Heroin Bust


Here's a story of a big heroin bust near UNCW. Oh, how I wish it was my husband's dealer. In this article, the comments are as interesting as the article itself. It seems that a few of the folks are upset because heroin is on the rise in the area.

I am kind of surprised by all this heroin. When I was in college, I only knew one junky. Coke was everywhere, but you really didn't hear too much about heroin. It seems like it's either on the rise, or I just know a lot more people who use now because they've gotten older and run the gamut of addiction.

G's little junky friend who he "helped out" by getting him "one last hit" on Friday is only 19 years old. I feel bad for the kid in ways. He's unattractive and pretty stupid and he's already been in and out of rehab a few times at his young age. It seems to me like he's bound to die...there aren't too many endings to the story of a 19 year old heroin addict, especially one who doesn't have much going for him.

No comments: