Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Spiritual Shopping Spree.

Today was my second meeting with my guru, and I am very excited about one particular suggestion of his to enhance my meditation practice. He recommended that I get a set of clothes that I use only for meditation, which sent me on a giddy shopping spree for my perfect white light outfit. I had $25, so I headed to a discount store to see what I could come up with.

I started out in the exercise section, but nothing was quite right. Fortunately, though, the exercise section was right by the pajama area. I never wear pajamas, preferring either to go naked or to wear an old t-shirt to spending money on sleeping clothes...but there, in the pajama section, was a selection of the most ridiculous, beautiful, outrageous daishiki-muumuu looking things I've ever seen. They are long, one-size-fits-all kind of things, and they were only $8 each. It took me a while to settle on which one looked most meditative, but I settled on a black, silky number with a peacock design that has beautiful red, blue, and purple feathers.

Since I only spent $8 on the meditation outfit, I had plenty left over for additional spiritual accouterments. I got a beautiful black box with a Buddha on top. It's going to be my God Box now. I also got a set of candles and a pretty, sparkly candle holder.

I can't wait to get home and set it all up!