Thursday, May 1, 2008

Accountable, Damn It.

I haven't written a poem since my computer was stolen or pawned or whatever happened to it, and I promised myself I'd start again, today, with the Mine Enemy Grows Older's collaborative poetry project that I learned about from Bottlecappie. One day, I'll be a good poet again, but for today, I'm a bad poet. I'm a bad poet naked on the internet...

The poem is meant to be derived from Rick Mobbs's art, and he posts a new piece for our collective inspiration each week. I promised myself I'd post it no matter what. I am thoroughly poem-constipated, but I thought I'd at least get out a dribble. Here's a haiku...it's the best I could do.

Big ball sun, blue moon
imagining the flat world
with such dimension.

I can't believe I said that out loud. I'm so embarrassed! Stop looking!