Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happiness

"A lot of people who are addicted are addicted to pleasure more than they are to happiness...People are looking for pleasure to fill some kind of need, or neediness...but pleasure is very different from happiness, and happiness is not found from chasing after pleasure, getting more and more of it. In Buddhism, we say that happiness arises, a very profound kind of happiness, when there is an openness to life's experiences...when we can let the pleasant and unpleasant experiences roll through us."
-Gil Frondsal from the Zencast Podcast on "Feelings"

I had to pause and take this down this morning when I was listening to the Zencast. Sometimes, I hear the most perfect things, and it really pisses me off when I lose them later. So now, I have it here, and you do, too.