Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What Doesn't Belong To Me.

A reader sent me to find a Sinead O'Connor song not too long ago, and I recently downloaded it. It's perfect:

...Because of all the pain
I miss you, but I'm glad you're gone
I want you but I'm not alone
I'm haunted by you
But I'll get you gone if it takes me all my life long
Take back the pain you gave me
Take back what doesn't belong to me
Take back the shame you gave me
Take back what doesn't belong to me...

Take back the rage you gave me
Take back the hatred you gave me for me
Take back the anger that nearly killed me
Take back what doesn't belong to me
And real love requires you
Give up those loves
That you think you love best
Love put you through the test
And only loyal love will bring me happiness

I've got a new part time job, and it means that a couple of days a week, I am off limits to him, and so is all my stuff. He's got to find his own ride to and from work, and it's doing me a world of good. I'm awfully tired of having to think about what he's going to need from me next. Even having just a few days of only having to worry about myself is wonderful.

He has a job interview today. We'll see how it goes.

----------------
Now playing: Sinéad O'Connor - What Doesn't Belong to Me
via FoxyTunes