Monday, December 24, 2007

It's A Wonderful Life.

Help me, Clarence, please! Please! I wanna live again! I wanna live again! Please, God, let me live again!

What a great movie. I watched it again like most everyone else in the world, and it seems this year to have special, secret messages for me about recovery, love, living in the moment, gratitude, and embracing the friends and family who love you. It's always good to remember, but it's extra good to remember right now.

I've spent my day reading, eating, and playing with a kitten. Those are good things. I'm surrounded by people who love me. Real life, with all its seeming endless struggles, is at least 24 hours away, and I'm grateful for a small break. I'm glad to have a husband who loves me, who is doing the best he can, and who I love with my whole heart. This moment is one of those rare and wonderful ones in which I have no regrets.