Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Heart Might Explode.

It feels like hot lava, sometimes, all the out-of-control thinking and feeling. The constant questioning of myself, of him, of what's real and what's not and what matters and what doesn't. The ups and the downs.

We had a few good days together, sweet days. They were precious. I want to learn to enjoy them for what they are...beautiful moments with the man I love. Reprieves.

It's just that I do, so very, very much, want to believe that it's going to be better...that those sweet moments are going to come more and more often, last for longer. I want to believe that what's coming is better than what came before. I want hope that lasts, goodness that lasts, security and assurance. I want more than a few days with the fire pit in my stomach, the lava bubbling in and around my heart, to be in check. I want more than moments, more than baby steps towards a possible future that could possibly be impossibly beautiful. I want all of the serenity, none of the hurting, none of the waiting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Learn to STAY in the moment.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Me too! Sigh!

Addicted to no one said...

For me i would stay in those good, beautiful, peacefull moments with him but then as soon as he took them away and turned them into nightmares i realized i couldnt be in it just for those 2 or 3 days out of the month that were so great just to have the rest be so horrible.