Thursday, August 23, 2007

Oh yeah...

I found this quote while doing research for this article I'm working on...it spoke to me, and reminded me of what I was doing. I keep forgetting. Maybe I'm getting old. Or maybe I'm tired. Or maybe I'm exactly where I need to be.
What if everyone decided right and wrong for themselves, without any regard for conventional morality? What if everyone did whatever they wanted to, with the courage to face any consequences? What if everyone feared loveless, lifeless monotony more than they fear taking risks, more than they fear being hungry or cold or in danger? What if everyone set down their "responsibilities" and "common sense," and dared to pursue their wildest dreams, to set the stakes high and live each day as if it were the last? Think what a place the world would be!

2 comments:

longvowels said...

I love that idea. Sometimes I feel like, that is the goal I set for myself but in reality I know I'm not living that. I'm very bound to the social and cultural crap.
I try to do a little of living my life for me. It keeps me from feeling crazy.

Mantramine said...

hmm, this seems a little like the answer to my cross roads