Monday, April 30, 2007

Horror.

I'm working on a new article for work on an artist who does a lot of work with Horror imagery, and I'm doing some research to find quotes on . I've found several that seemed relevant to my state of junky's wifeliness, so I though I'd post them here.

“The horror no less than the charm of real life consists precisely in the recurrent actualization of the inconceivable.”

“When we forgive evil we do not excuse it, we do not tolerate it, we do not smother it. We look the evil full in the face, call it what it is, let its horror shock and stun and enrage us, and only then do we forgive it.”
"...why I'm so sympathetic to the monsters. The answer is simple. Because I am one."



“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.”
-

"He who fights monsters should should look into it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you."

No comments: