Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dead Addict Of The Day

Here's a fun new blog feature--dead addicts! I'll tromp through the alphabet of dead addicts I find fascinating, focusing especially on my husband's drug of choice...heroin! If you have recommendations of fun dead addict friends, send them along!

Since it's the first day, we'll start with A. A is for GG Allin. My roommate at Governor's School loved him. I remember the lyrics of one song about eating pussy that have occurred to me again and again through the years:

Eat you out baby eat you out
(I don't care if it's bloody
I don't care if it stinks)
Eat you out baby eat you out
(Stick my tongue so far in you
and eat your cunt juice out)!!!

It was emphatic and beautiful and shocking. I was 16.

From the Wikipedia entry:

GG Allin (29 August 1956 – 28 June 1993) was a punk singer and bandleader who performed and recorded with many groups during his career.

He is best remembered for his notorious live performances that typically featured wildly transgressive acts such as Allin defecating and urinating onstage, rolling in excrement, committing self-injury, performing naked, taunting people to perform fellatio on him, and violent actions towards the audience. Although more notorious for his stage antics than for his wide body of music, he recorded prolifically, not only in the punk rock genre, but also in spoken word, country and Rolling Stones-influenced rock.

Here's more links on GG:

The Official GG Allin Page
Another GG Allin Fan Page
AOL Music's Page on GG

And here's GG on Springer!

No comments: